Thursday, January 19, 2012

1/16/12 - newly grads & young professionals in the present economy.

            I met with Alex Melendez at Mitt Romney's headquarters off of Platt St., Downtown Tampa. The event for the day consist of people speaking in front of a camera on the economy thus far and how it has an affect in our lives. The footage recorded will be posted on Mitt Romney's website, and maybe used for other purposes throughout the 2012 election. About 20 people were waiting to be interviewed in front of the camera. A lot of introductions, hand shakes, and networking were made while we were all waiting for our interview.
            When it was my turn to speak for the camera, the interviewer asked me basic questions, "what's your thoughts on the economy today?" "How has the economy affected your generation?" I explained how the economy has affected friends who have graduated with their B.A. and have had a hard time finding a career after college. Since no jobs were found, friends ended up going to grad, law, med school to hopefully have a better future. The economy has put my friends in debt through loans that they had to take out, and it's a hole they're trying to get themselves out of. Hopefully with a better education and a better economy, their ends will meet and a great career path can begin.
            Overall, my first event in the Mitt Romney campaign 2012 was a great experience. As a student back in college for my 2nd degree, I was able to contribute how my life has been affected by the current economy. I was also able to share personal stories and speak for other newly grads and young professionals that have had a similar involvement.



Video above is the campaign commercial made for Mitt Romney's official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment